Saturday, December 6, 2014

#Reverb14 Day 6 Money

Welcome to #Reverb14 day 6, today's prompt is: "Money.  Where did you spend your money this year?  Did you save it instead?  What, if anything, would you like to do with your finances this year? "

This was the year of evaluating, and deciding what was important to pay off, and what goals we have as a family. As a result, we ended up paying down some very large bills that we've had (not paying off, but getting to the halfway point, which is a victory in itself), purchasing some new appliances that we knew we'd need, and set a payment down on our Disneyland vacation. Oh, and I spent a decent amount on the tests that I knew I would have to take to complete my bachelors degree. All in all, it was the year of spending to prepare for things to come.

Next year I would like to save as much as humanly possible for the 4 months that I am student teaching, along with setting aside for our Disney vacation. And beginning to save for a new car, I think. Mine needs to be allowed to retire, and spend the rest of its days resting in a junk yard. Another thing I have talked about doing is setting aside a certain amount weekly/monthly for Christmas, and I think that'll be really important as I will not have a job during the Christmas season next year. Basically, 2015 is the year, for us, to be as safe as possible with all of the income we have coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment