Saturday, December 20, 2014

#Reverb14 Day 20 A Room for Joy

One thing I learned in 2014 was how to make space for joy and levity, even in the midst of challenging circumstances or sad times. 

How could you make space for joy in the year to come? How could you protect it?
 
 
I have a hard time with taking myself, and life, too seriously. Yes, I can joke around with my own kids (or kids I work with), but deep down inside I tend to see things as either a crises or calm, good or bad. I'm either in an excellent mood or a sour one. I do not go out of my way to look for joy, at all (nor do I look for ways to be angry, though).
 
What I would like to do is take a few moments at the end of every day, and reflect on the good, happy, and funny parts. In every single bad event, there are glimmers of hope and happiness. It may not change the outcome of any particular life circumstance, but it will remind me that life doesn't need to be so black and white all of the time. It would also be nice to incorporate this reflection time as a family, and have the children share their moments of joy while being tucked in every evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment