Tuesday, November 18, 2014

November Thanks Day 18 - La Francais

French excursion for my 25Th birthday
When I was 13, I had a friend who convinced me to take French class with her. Though I was more interested in Spanish, I quickly agreed as I wanted to take a class with someone I knew. Within the first few minutes of the class, I knew this was it. I'd been hooked. All things French became my focal point for a few years. French art, architecture, style, language, music, food, movies, and history were all things I rapidly absorbed.

And it changed me. Instead of being a kid from a small town with the interests and knowledge of everyone around me, I was able to see and experience other facets of beauty in the world. I still love almost all things French (the politics I could do without), and dream of visiting some day. I am very grateful to my old French teacher, Madame Knelleken, for opening my eyes to a whole new culture! J'aime la francais!

No comments:

Post a Comment