Saturday, November 22, 2014

November Thanks Day 22 - The Hubby

Normally, in our house, we do not go over for the mushy stuff. We love each other, we know that, and outward displays (minus the occasional Facebook post) feels like trying too hard. I cannot, though, go through the entire month of November and not recognize my husband.

Ken and Biscuit the Squirrel (formerly, and
better named, Rocky)
We have our differences, and are completely opposite from one another. I am also in constant awe at how so many conflicting thoughts can fit inside one person politically. An avid lover of Ron Paul, yet one who will defend the president's decisions to the death on immigration make no sense to me, but that is who you are, and it makes life interesting. I also value our many interesting arguments on Obama-Care, Charles Manson's love life, and the death penalty. Our kids will never be able to grow up saying they don't know what is happening in the world on both sides of the spectrum - something that will be a great value whenever anyone tries to tell them how closed minded they are.

Which brings me to what a great dad you are. Just like me, you have things to work on, but no one is perfect. The kids will always know you will be there for them no matter what, and that you will do the best you can to make sure they are well mannered, intelligent human beings who value others above themselves. And it's great for me to see how much the kids love you, and how many times a day they bring up different things they want to do for their dad, to show him how special he is to them.
Ken and Reyna
Ken and Bubba





First family picture in 2006
Ken and the kids on
Mount Rainier
As for how you are with me... We have made 11 years together, over a decade. In that time, we have learned how to make this family run well together. Not many families have both people working, while trying to finish school, volunteer, have outside hobbies, and raise kids at the same time. We do, and without you I would not be able to finish school. I know that you will be there for me no matter what. And that you will be patient with me as overanalyze and stress out. You have a lot to deal with, and work very hard. I love you, and I'm grateful for your company in life.
Right before I went to Disney World, June 2005
Our wedding day in 2007
Thank you, again, for taking this crazy life journey with me. I love you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment