Monday, April 23, 2012

Disney Delights


Photo from www.themeparkinsider.com


Hey everyone, each Monday I am going to be sharing a personal Disney favorite plus back story. It's a great way for me to share more about my Disney obsession, and get to know all of you better!

 To kick this off, I chose my favorite Disney fireworks show, Wishes. I first saw this when I was a cast member in the College Program back in 2005, working over time. I will never forget catching the last few moments of it from backstage (as far as I'm concerned, it's the perfect vantage point for full effects), and being in absolute awe at the sheer sound and power of the whole thing. To be honest, though, the real reason this is a Disney favorite is because it is the first thing that opened my husband Ken's (hubby but at the time, fiance) eyes to why I love the parks so much.

 We hadn't seen each other in months, and since it was my first time away from home, he made certain to come and visit even though he thought the parks were "for kids." The weeks up to his arrival I went over in my mind all of the places I had to take him, and where to go first. When he finally was in Orlando, I knew we had to start at the Magic Kingdom. I instantly dragged him to the park (and let me tell you, after travelling from Tacoma, Washington to Orlando Florida it was definitely dragging) and ran around like crazy trying to show him all of the magical things. We had fun, and Ken was definitely supportive in saying how proud he was of me in the college program, but that he still didn't understand the full hold it had on me.

 As evening approached and announcements were being made for Wishes, I started pulling him towards the Wishing Well by the castle to have a magical viewing spot. Before we made it to our location, the fireworks started and Ken was rooted to the spot looking up in amazement, unwilling to move until realizing that there could be a better vantage point. We made it to the Wishing Well, and watched the rest of the show holding each other. Since then, we have returned home and started a new life together, but he still occasionally mentions that moment we had so long ago. It is one of the several Disney Magical Moments I cherish, and will never forget. Thank you for joining me in this week's Disney Delights, I cannot wait to continue this adventure with all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment