Monday, April 30, 2012

Disney Delights

Untitled
Photo by Dramowhisk
Thanks for coming back to week two of Disney Delights! A question was posed on Facebook a few days ago about favorite times to be in the parks. This got me thinking about some of the special access times I was allowed to be there. I have two favorite times, but for the purpose of this week's blog I'm only going to discuss one: late at night!

When I was part of the Walt Disney World College Program one of my friends invited me to an after hours movie shown in the theater in World Showcase, France. This was something they did every few weeks for the College Program kids, and since they were showing one of my favorite musicals (that particular night it was Phantom of the Opera) I jumped at the chance to go.

It was so much fun to sit back with my friends in such a beautiful space, munching away on our snacks, watching a great movie. The best part, though, was leaving after the movie. Imagine, if you will, the beautiful glow of Epcot at night. Now, remove all of the crowds and sounds and that is what my friends and I had laid before us: The park was left to us and the night workers, with everything lit  up and music quietly playing.

I remember distinctly the four of us skipping in the World Showcase, barefoot (the street cleaners had just come through) laughing and acting like little girls again. It is a memory I will always cherish, a group of girls I will never forget, at the place that means most to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment