Sunday, April 22, 2012

Banana Crumb Muffins

Happy Earth Day everyone! I don't know why, but I always associate anything earthy with bananas so I decided to start our morning off with these delicious Banana Crumb Muffins. They're very simple to make, and can be made relatively healthy by leaving off the topping (for an occasional sweet, though, who wants to do that?). I know my kids definitely love me more for making this morning treat!
Yum!

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon butter

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and lightly grease muffin pan (I use a small amount of oil instead of grease), or fill with liners.

In a bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl, beat the bananas, sugar, butter, and egg. Combine the two and mix until moistened; then spoon the batter into your muffin pan.
Liquid mix
Nearly finished batter
Mess of muffins :)
Take the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and butter and crumble together until course and lumpy. Sprinkle on top of each muffin and bake for 18-20 minutes (mine were done around 16 minutes).
With the crumble

No comments:

Post a Comment