Wednesday, August 13, 2014

End of Summer Catch-Up

Back in June, I found out that I would be having a crazy school schedule. As soon as I accepted what was in front of me, I realized that I would be shorting my kids on having a great time this summer. So, we sat down and made a bucket list of all of the things they wanted to do before summers end. Though I realize I should have shared this at the beginning of summer, I forgot and am making up for it now. Side note, the items that are bolded are what we have accomplished so far.

And here it is:
  1. Baskin and Robbins
  2. Going to the beach
  3. Family game night
  4. Picnic pizza day at the beach
  5. Holiday celebration
  6. Getting shells at the beach
  7. To see lily pads
  8. To see frogs
  9. Have another family movie night
  10. Go to the Rainforest Cafe/Museum of Flight
  11. Go to the Art Museum
  12. Go to the Glass Museum
  13. Go to the train station
  14. Play in the sprinkler
  15. Going to Uncle Doug's
  16. Ice skating
  17. S'mores nights
  18. Swimming lessons
  19. Art projects
  20. Sleeping in the tent
  21. Go to the park
  22. Go to the water park
  23. Squirt gun fight
  24. No tattling for a day
  25. Watching The Lego Movie
  26. Watching Smurfs 2
  27. Staying up late
  28. Alder Lake
  29. Mount Rainier
  30. Put put golf
As you can see, we haven't made much progress.  That being said, we have done #29 several times this summer, and have had family come to us (#14) instead of us going to them. Also, some of them were done two weeks before school let out (we went to the beach, collected shells, and slept in a tent), I just haven't put it as official summer fun since school was still in session. I hope when my kids look back on all of this that they won't be disappointed, and will have had an awesome summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment