Thursday, August 30, 2012

New Beginnings -Thursday Fitday!

After last week's wedding
Sorry for the off and on again posts in the last few months - things have been crazy here this summer between school, classes, kids, just general things in life. I will have to admit that my fitness regime has been almost as lax as my blog posts (rarely made it to the gym, but have been active otherwise). It has been discouraging because the gym I did belong too was not challenging me enough (Curves), and its hours just did not work with my schedule - why on earth did it close at 11:00am on Saturdays, for a three hour break midday during the week, and completely on Sundays??? After my workout, I barely broke a sweat and was almost never sore: A sure sign that not much was really being worked out. Miraculously, though, I have trimmed down a little over the past few weeks.

As of the first, my gym membership expires, and I know that it is not the gym for me to be renewing at. So, this morning, I was signed up for a regular gym. As odd as this will sound, I am actually nervous to be back into a normal workout routine. It has been so long since I actually lifted weights (Curves does not allow weights to be changed, they stay exactly the same for the half hour circuit), that I am positive I have lost almost all of my muscle ability to do anything. Nervous though I may be, I will start tomorrow at the gym and go at least 4 days a week (woot for the gym being open on Sunday!!!!) unless something comes along that does not allow my attendance. To start, I plan on biking for 20 minutes, elliptical for 5, and weights for 20. Eventually I will build up, but I feel this is a decent start to get back to where I was years ago.

Another new start for me are the shakes that Krystal (of www.magicaldismom.com) started me on. They are the Body by Vi, and do well being a meal supplement. In the craze of the past few weeks I will admit that along with my shakes I have screwed up with my calories, but am hoping with things falling back into routine that my eating habits will as well. Please know I am not looking for a miracle of any sort, other than seeing myself start to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment