Friday, February 17, 2012

Beauty and the Beast 3D - A Review!


Picture from www.imagesdisney.com


This last weekend my family and I decided to go and see Beauty and the Beast 3D while it was still in theaters. Both my husband and I were a little hesitant to go because we felt it would mainly be the original movie with a few effects thrown in; however, it is a classic that we both love so we decided that no matter what it would be worth it.

The short before the film was Pixar's Tangled Ever After, and we loved it. The visuals were stunning, effects fun, and all of the characters were hilarious. It really helped build anticipation for the movie, and easily is one of my new favorites for the shorts.

Once the movie actually started, our initial feelings were confirmed. Though the artistry was stunning (even 20 years later it's still amazing to see all of the details, hidden Mickey's, and rich colors), the effects were few and far between. The 3D was really prominent whenever there was smoke, bubble, or champagne flying, and had a few whimsical moments in the final fight scene between the villagers and the house servants.

On the whole, I would definitely go see the movie again, and recommend it to anyone. Not for its effects, but for the experience of seeing a beautiful classic on a large screen. For me, it was reliving my childhood and sharing it with my children. For my husband (and almost all of the other adults in the theater) it was singing along to every single song, while dancing in their seats. It's a happy movie, well worth the expense of current theater prices!

No comments:

Post a Comment