Thursday, July 7, 2011

Overtime


One of the things I enjoyed most in working for Disney is all of the overtime opportunities available. Unlike a normal job, overtime at Disney is not just for extra money, but it is also a chance to try many different park roles.

For example, when I first found the site that listed all of the overtime openings, I was shocked to see I had a chance of working at La Nouba, and accepted it right away. It was one of the most unique Disney experiences I had, and I'll never forget getting lost backstage, and having one of the French clowns redirect me. In working there, I got to spend my evening working concessions, taking tickets, and cleaning up the theater. During showtime we all took turns watching the live performance. One of my favorite things about working there is that each performer came out to thanks us for our help.

One of the other jobs I did was security at Club Motion in PI. Doing security is never something I saw myself doing, so I knew I had to give it a try. Sure enough, it was not a role I was good at, but I will never forget the rush of helping rules be enforced at a club. Also, the cast members there are some of the nicest and most welcoming I have ever worked with.

These are just a few of the several overtime jobs I did - there are too many to give details about! Overall, it is a wonderful Disney given opportunity to learn more about your job skills. And it's a great way to bring home wonderful memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment